Soilnar: Intrusion Underground
This page is outdated. It will be updated soon. Soilnar is switching back to use the Danagen Industries codebase. See http://8dromeda.net/blog_2015-02-19.html
This is it!
Mess around within player-created mining sites, factories, trading routes, corporations and battlefields with a disposable character and extendable equipment in a massive-ishly multiplayer environment that runs in your web browser.
- Actually MMO: Every player is in the same world and can go meet each other at any time. No shards or stuff like that.
- Based on a flexible entity-component system: Players can own actually unique vehicles, items or buildings - given that they manage to acquire or modify them.
- Unforgiving rules of power: There is no magical law enforcement - you can always make things happen by brute force or clever planning.
- Sit back and relax in an unusual environment: Frankly, MMOs are ultimately just glorified IRC clients. 8-)
- This MMO proudly does not attempt to give everyone the feeling of making progress regardless of what they do.
- This MMO proudly does not try to suck you in to waste a maximum amount of your time.
- This MMO proudly looks like a freaking nintendo game.
Development is slow and irregular.
There is an alpha server running at play2.soilnar.net. Feel free to mess around! All comments in the in-game chat will be noted.
Development log: Forum topic
IRC: #8dromeda @ Freenode. This channel is also connected to the game's global chat.
Intrusion Underground (started 2013-09) is a continuation of Danagen Industries (started 2012-09).